Cashew Chicken Stir Fry or Gai Pad Med Ma-muang
This is another delectable Thai dish that is not too spicy and anyone can enjoy and even ask for more. Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is one of most popular Thai dish for both Thai and international. Although the presentation and taste of this menu is so fabulous it is not too difficult to cook this menu. We can enjoy our own cooking of Cashew Chicken Stir Fry at home with our recipes which are simple and not take too much time to prepare and of course it is delicious.
Talk about the recipe of this menu, there are many recipes to cook. But here we present you 2 different recipes; the first one is original and traditional Thai cuisine and the second one is made without chili paste. But we assure that they both are as flavorful as if we dine in a restaurant. So shall we start to cook this menu?
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry or Gai Pad Med Ma-muang Recipe
Ingredients: (for 2 servings)
Preparation time: 10 minutes / Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Chicken fillet or chicken breast 100 grams
- Cassava starch ¼ cup
- Cooking oil for fry 1 cup
- Raw Cashew nut ¼ cup
- Dried chili ¼ cup
- Cooking oil for stir fry ¼ cup
- Stub of spring onion ¼ cup
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Seasoning sauce 1 teaspoon
- Oyster sauce 2 teaspoons
- Chili paste 1 tablespoon
- Chinese wine 1 tablespoon
1. Rinse chicken and drain well, then cut in small pieces and mix with cassava starch thoroughly and set aside.
2. Heat the pan and add oil over low heat and fry cashew nut until they turn to light golden brown and take to sift the oil and let them cool down. Then turn the heat to medium high and fry the chicken prepared in step 1 Until light golden and crispy, then drain out the oil and set aside. Fry dried chili until its crisp and set aside.
3. In a bowl, add sugar, seasoning sauce, oyster sauce, chili paste and Chinese wine and mix well. Then add oil (1/4 cup) in a pan and add mixed sauce, stir well until it turns thicker a little then add fried chicken, fired cashew nut and fried dried chili, stir well.
4. Then add spring onion, stir quickly and turn off the heat and serve hot in a dish.
*“Traditional recipe of Cashew Chicken Stir Fry, must fry the ingredients to be proper crispy and then seasoning for its full flavor.
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry (without chili paste recipe)
Ingredients: (for 3-4 servings)
- Chicken fillet or chicken breast 300 grams
- Ground pepper ¼ teaspoon
- Ground salt ¼ teaspoon
**Rinse chicken and drain well, cut in pieces then marinate with pepper and salt about 10 minutes.
- Wheat flour ½ cup
- Roasted cashew nut ½ cup (add or reduce as optional)
- Spring onion 2
- Dried bird’s chili 5-10 seeds (if prefer hotter can add more)
- Straw mushroom (medium) 7
- Red chili 2 seeds
- Thai garlic 3 cloves
Ingredients for sauce:
- Oyster sauce 2 tablespoons
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoon
- Sugar 1 ¼ tablespoon
- Sesame oil ½ tablespoon
**mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the chicken with wheat flour thoroughly and fry in boiling oil until it turns to light golden brown and set aside.
- Then cut dried chili to bits and fry in the same pan that fried the chicken (be careful do not use high heat), fry until it looks crispy by its color turning a little and take out and set aside.
- For cashew nut, roast at 120c for about 15 minutes and then fry in oil until it is crispy, then drain out the oil and let it cool down.
- Spring onion, rinse well and cut (keep only leaf part) to bits about ¾ inch and sliced fresh chili and remove seeds.
- Heat the pan and add 3 tablespoons of oil until it is hot then add garlic stir well until the garlic turn to light gold then add straw mushroom, stir well.
- Check the mushroom will be a little bit shrink, then add fried chicken, fried cashew nut, stir quickly and then add seasoning sauce mixture and stir well until the sauce turns to be thicker and graze a little then add fried dried chili and spring onion.
- Stir well and turn off the heat and serve in a plate.
Tips: How to Make Delicious Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry has a lot of recipes and directions to cook; whether fry or not for chicken before cook or add or not add chili paste as preferred, However, for the recipe with chili paste must be careful that do not add too much chili paste otherwise it will turn to be Stir fried chicken in chili paste instead.