Aroma Therapy, also referred to as Essential Oil therapy, can be defined as the art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize and promote the health of body, mind and spirit. And for the “Massage”, most of people only know it is as the way to relieve any pain and ache for our body. In fact, the massage can provide more once it is used together with essential oils that contain any herbals as ingredients which will sooth and relieve in benefit. Moreover, it will stimulate blood circulation that leads to be refreshing and energizing and also to enhance the radiance of our skin.
“Aroma Therapy Massage” is a type of massage which brings in essential oils containing variety of herbs. These essential oils have plenty of benefits in such as to relax, rejuvenate and refresh our body and mind.
How the Aroma Therapy Massage Differs from Other Massage?
The aroma therapy massage is the alternative therapeutic technique which combines the natural therapeutic properties of the essential oils and the healing power of massage therapy. The aroma therapy massage differs from the general oil massage because the essential oils to be used with this massage are natural extract so they are non-toxic and non-allergic to our skin and body. Also, the liquid and oil in the essential oil is same as our skin oil therefore it can be absorbed into our skin well without any grease and stickiness on our skin and instead will enhance the moisture of our skin.
The aroma therapy massage is the way to bring in aroma treatment to empower to the massage in order to provide balance and harmony of body, mind and emotion. It is soft massage that just to relax skin and muscle to relieve from tension and stress so it is not necessary to use lots of pressure when to do this massage.
The Benefits of Aroma Therapy Massage:
- Reduce stress and tension
- Enhance balance and harmony in body and mind
- Diminish uncomfortable for the body
- Increase and rejuvenate immune system of respiration and blood circulation
The Aroma or Essential Oils in Aroma Therapy Massage
The aroma therapy massage is divided to relaxing and equilibrating massage and can use any aroma oil which is suitable to life element, type of skin or as prefer. And the oil is divided to 2 categories by way of following;
Base oil: This the base oil for the massage which are for instance;
- Olive oil: rich of Vitamin E and suitable for very dry skin type
- Coconut oil: cold-press coconut oil is clear, pure and aromatic. It reduces wrinkle and flaw and skin nourishing
- Sesame oil: can be used both black and white sesame. With its very small molecule so can absorb into the skin well and it is natural sunscreen
- Sun flower oil: Skin nourishing with variety of vitamins and minerals
- Mineral oil, White oil or Light paraffin: also called N.70 oil. This is cheap one but good quality. Not sticky and can be mixed into any kind of perfume. Provide skin moisture
- Almond oil, Grape seed oil and Jojoba oil: They are expensive oil. Suitable for sensitive skin, provide soft skin and rich of Vitamin D
Aroma oil it is refined from leaf, flower, kernel, and any other parts of plants which contain the preferred benefits. And a price is varied up to the pureness that can be from THB100-100,000 per liter. The authentic aroma oil is used only 2-3 drops to blend into the base oil. There are many selection of aroma oil to be used in spa and aroma therapy treatment business which is depend on to need from the aroma oil benefit. And in Thailand there are many aroma therapy oils that are popular and plentiful of benefits for instances;
Benefits of each Aroma oil massage
- Ylang Ylang: Gives the feel of romantic, relieve stress in body and mind, balance and harmonize to mind, relieve depress and discourage, calm your mind, soothe any mood & PMS, pain & ache relief, nourishing to hair and skin, stimulate sexual desire.
- Chamomile: Relieve the nerves from pressure, anxiety and stress, soothe any symptom from migraine and headache, reduce any symptoms from neurotic, inflammatory, stomachache and dyspepsia, dermatitis and acne treatment, remedy any causes by pollution, soothe any irritation and insect bite, PMS
- Eucalyptus: Antiseptic, promote respiration, soothe cold and nose irritation, sinus, expectorate, clear respiration system, control sebaceous gland and acne treatment, insect repellent, reduce joint pain and muscle rigidity
- Frangipani: Tranquil inside body and mind, stimulate sexual desire
- Jasmine: Relieve stress, anxiety, depress and unstable condition, reduce menopause symptom, stimulate sexual desire, skin nourishing
- Lavender: Relaxation and relieve stress, anxiety and depress, refreshing, allow to get sleep well, antiseptic, soothe burnt scar, dermatitis, soothe insect bite, headache and migraine, reduce blood pressure, muscle pain relief, stimulate blood circulation, reduce blowing, reduce spot and wrinkle, control sebaceous gland and acne, skin conditioner and lifting, cellulite treatment
- Lemongrass: Balance and tranquil for nervous system, soothe and relax body and mind, refreshing, prevent germs, deodorant, stimulate digestion, produce milk for new mom, skin conditioner, firming to skin, control sebaceous gland and acne, insect repellent
- Orange: Reduce stress, provide tranquil mind, recover energy, clear out depress and anxiety, soothe body and mind, allow to get sleep well, refreshing, muscle pain relief, dermatitis and skin irritation, stimulate blood circulation, cellulite treatment
- Peppermint: Activate body and mind, stimulate serous system, relaxation, enhance concentration and perception, refreshing, stimulate sexual desire, relieve stomachache and nausea, migraine, pain relief, open and cleanse pore
- Rose: Soothe depress, stress and anxiety, tranquil and allow to get sleep well, reduce menopauses symptom, PMS, release mind and emotion, stimulate sexual desire, reduce swollen eyes, pain relief, reduce bad breath, skin moisturizer
- Rosemary: Enhance concentration, stimulate and nurture brain and memory, adjust emotion, relieve depress, soothe body and mind, refreshing and energizer, stimulate digestion, treat constipation, muscle pain relief, migraine, rash and itchiness remedy, insect repellent, control sebaceous gland, oily skin conditioner, control hair scalp, stimulate hair growth and shining, detoxifier, cellulite treatment
- Agar Wood: Muscle and joint pain relief, chickenpox treatment, stimulate sexual desire, nourish blood vein in heart
- Basil: Soothe mind from depress and anxiety, refreshing, enhance concentration and memory, stimulate digestion, reduce inflame and pain in digestive system, antiseptic
- Bergamot: Relieve depress, produce tranquil and relaxation in mind, allow to get sleep well, enhance concentration, infection prevention
- Black pepper: Provide warmth and strength, stimulate blood circulation, use as carminative, perspiration, urination, stimulate nervous system
- Sandal Wood: Relieve stress and anxiety, produce calm in mind, enhance concentration, relaxation, stimulate sexual desire, soothe sore throat, reduce inflame, soothe and moisturize to dry skin
- Tea Tree: Anti-bacteria, virus and fungus, promote immune system, acne treatment, infected wound remedy, anti-dandruff, refreshing
- Lemon: Increase physical and mental energy and strength, soothe depress and sadness, refreshing, prevent transmission, anti-bacteria, germ killing, anti-toxin in environment, stop the bleeding, soothe rash and itchiness, soothe skin irritation, pain relief, menstruation pain relief, skin firming and cellulite treatment, hair nourishing
- Ginger: Provide energy and warmth, soothe mind, relaxation from stress and anxiety, muscle pain relief, amnesia treatment, stimulate stomach cardiac, stimulate sexual desire
- Clove Bud: Anti-germ, tooth pain relief, pain and ache relief, promote digestion, insect repellent, use in hot pressing ball to remedy sore joint, stimulate sexual desire
- Vetiver: Adjust and harmonize emotion during menstruation, relaxation, reduce neurotic symptom, nourishing for dry skin, insect repellent
- Thyme: Energize body and mind, stimulate blood circulation, heal a wound, anti-germ, acne and dermatitis treatment, enhance respiration, promote the appetite, stop bleeding, muscle pain relief
- Pine: Stop bleeding, deodorant, anti-germ and bacteria, sexual organ infection treatment, respiration decease treatment, muscle, pain relief, joint pain and sore treatment
- Vanilla: Stimulate sexual desire, relaxation, soothe from stress, anxiety, depress and any negative emotions, provide tranquil and peaceful in mind
- Cedar Wood: Reduce grease on scalp and anti-dandruff
Why the Aroma Therapy Massage?
The aroma therapy massage will soothe you in both body and mind plus you can get pleasure form your favorite scent from aroma oil and of course this will not let you get hurt from press and bend like other Thai massage. The massage will start from lying on your stomach in order to let the therapist to your back massage and then flip to lie on your back. This massage allows the therapist to touch, stroke, and press your body through your body that definitely for one who has never tried this massage may feel strange.
So, what we recommend is to release yourself and feel a relaxation from it. The aroma therapy massage is one of the most popular Thai massage in any spa. We may say this is the most effective therapeutic massage since its aroma treatment, it also provides our skin nourishing directly from aroma oil while we are enjoying and relaxing from the massage.
Last but not least, no matter what massage is your favorite, you are still need sometimes to rejuvenate your physical and mental health. Thus, you shall have a chance to make a happiness for your body and mind. And an idea to reward yourself with a good one of spa course is not out of your reach. However, you should do some research for one which is really suitable for you that will offer you the most precious experience ever.